IB group to invest Rs.125 crores in Bihar
Poultry giant IB group will invest Rs.125 crores in Muzaffarpur Bihar. Mr.Ricky Thaper,GM North IB, told eggchi.com that Bihar Industrial Area Development Board(BIADA) has allotted 5 acres of land in Muzaffarpur Industrial area. The construction work for the plant will be started very soon. This IB venture will create 250 jobs in Bihar.
Mr. Thaper further informed that IB group applied online for the allotment of the land on 28th January 2019 and PCC cleared the application on 30th January.
About IB Group
- The IB Group commenced its journey with mere 100 birds in early 1985 under the leadership of Mr. Sultan Ali and Mr. Bahadur Ali. Though the start was modest, the vision of the group was very aggressive.
- An acquired knowledge and past experiences of the early years led to setting up of the first poultry feed plant in 1999 and there has been no turning back since then.
- 2000-2005. Coupled with strategic integrations at each level over the past, this period witnessed the birth of our hatchery and dairy segment.
- 2006-2008. This significant period added to the series of ‘new’ beginnings. We started operations of :
- First solvent extraction plant in 2006
- Oil Refinery in 2007
- Fish Feed plant subsequently in 2008
- With consistent technological development and evolution, we stepped into the Indian pet food market and launched our specialised high protein pet food brand named, Drools in 2010.
- The year 2013 is the jewel in IB crown and has been truly significant to us:
- IB partnered with Aviagen, a brand synonymous with genetically evolved grandparent and parent stock birds that led to creation of IB Ross category.
- IB also brought home the Asian Livestock Industry Award.
- 2015-2016. The New Year is full of promises and with constant evolution on our mind we are marching ahead steadily on its path. At present we are awaiting operations of a 1200 TPD feed plant along with the launch of rice bran and palm oil in our edible oil category.